Most of us are familiar with the phrase “spring cleaning,” but did you know that summer is also an important time to focus on cleaning tasks around your home? One area in particular that deserves attention is your drains. Clogged drains can cause all sorts of problems, from foul odors to backups and flooding. Plus, they’re just plain gross.
Here are a few tips to help you keep your drains clean and flowing freely all summer long:
- Be mindful of what you flush: Summertime is a prime season for plumbing problems because people are flushing all sorts of things down the toilet that don’t belong there, from paper towels to baby wipes. These items can cause serious clogs that require a professional plumber to fix. So, be mindful of what you flush and stick to only toilet-friendly items. Drain cleaning in Santa Rosa, CA can be a nightmare otherwise.
- Don’t pour grease down the drain: Grease is one of the main culprits when it comes to clogged drains. It may seem like a good idea to pour grease down the drain when you’re finished cooking, but it will only solidify and clog your pipes. Instead, pour it into a container and dispose of it in the trash.
- Invest in a drain strainer: It fits over your drain and catches food particles, hair, and other debris before it has a chance to cause a clog. Simply remove the strainer and empty it into the trash when it gets full.
- Run hot water down the drain: Every once in a while, it’s a good idea to run hot water down your drains to help dissolve any build-up that may have accumulated. You can also add a tablespoon of baking soda to the hot water for an extra boost.
- Schedule professional drain cleaning: The best way to keep your drains clean and flowing freely is to schedule regular professional kitchen or bathroom drain cleaning in Windsor, CA. A qualified plumber will have the tools and expertise to remove even the most stubborn clogs. They can also inspect your pipes for any potential problems and make repairs as needed.
If you need help with a clogged drain or browsing residential plumbing contractors near me in Santa Rosa, CA, the experts at Curoso Plumbing are here to help. We have been providing quality plumbing services, including water heater repair and installation, sewer line repair and replacement, and much more. Contact Curoso Plumbing today at 707-545-5017 to schedule a consultation.